Hints & Tips
It’s easy to have a great a Dorothy’s Tea Party, just follow our hints and tips!
- Get a party pack
- Pick a date and location for your Dorothy’s Tea Party
- Invite as many friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members as possible, you can use the invites provided in the party pack
- Advertise your party, you could put a poster in your window or on a notice board, or set up an event on Facebook and ask friends to share it
- Visit your local Dorothy House shop to get yourself a bargain on vintage crockery and tea sets. You can always donate it back once you’re finished!
- Plan your baking and encourage friends to help you. The more cake bakers, the merrier! See our recipes for some cake ideas
- Decide what you would like people to donate for a cup of tea, coffee or cake, or whatever food and drink you’ll have
- Keep your guests entertained with a couple of fundraising games
- Have the donation form and collection boxes out
- Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy your Dorothy’s Tea Party!
- Make sure to thank your guests for coming
- Let everyone know how much you raised!